Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What's your part?

I remember playing on my Jr. High basketball team. I was the one at the end of the bench. I rarely played. I was OK at basketball, it's just that the other 11 players on team were good, some even great.

I remember one game we played and we won by a score of 80 (something) to 50 (something) - getting old can't remember the exact score.

But that game I score 2 points!

I helped our team win. I'm sure no one else would look at it that way and no one probably remembers that a skinny 8th grader scored two points that night. But when God looks at my life he remembers.

Even though I only scored one basket, I contributed to the team.

What's your contribution to Team C1? Don't think for a minute you don't have one.

"God shaped each person in turn" (Psalm 33:15). "Each of us in an original" (Gal. 5:26) When God draws up a play He has you in mind to execute it. No contribution too small.

Play the position God has for and expect victory to come your way.


No comments: