Monday, June 18, 2007

Watering Weeds


I love to landscape. It's a great stress reliever and it helps add a nice look to my home.

As I was working in the yard last week I noticed how quickly the weeds I had pulled a few weeks ago had come back. They were taking away from the beauty of the flowers in my yard.

Weeds are unattractive, unwanted, and can be unstoppable. So I did want any back-yard landscaper would do. I began to pull them out. I quickly realized that some weeds don't want to leave so they take a little more effort.

After a few hours and a lot dirt later my yard looks nice again.

I've thought about my weeding and how it relates to my life (and maybe your too). Too often we have weeds growing and without realizing it we are allowing them to grow in our lives.

In fact, I noticed that when I water my flowers some of the water actually falls on the weeds and I'm causing the weeds to grow.

Think about that: I'm actually watering weeds.

In our life we sometimes do the same thing. We allow weeds of worry, weeds of why God, or weeds of whining to take away from our Christ-like appearance.

Let me encourage you to pull those weeds out!

It may be tough and they may not to come out but trust me if you do your life will much better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.