Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The benefits of worrying



I love lists - to do lists, grocery lists, christmas lists...

So here's a new list: a list of the advantages of anxiety!

Worrying helps our health - I know if lose sleep when I worry I feel much better in the morning. My stomach never hurts when I worry either.

Worrying brings joy - when you're a worrier doesn't the sky look bluer and the birds songs sound sweeter?

Worrying solvers our problems - I know whenever I worry, like magic all of my problems are gone!

I could go on but I'm worried that you might get upset...

God's word says, "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked (don't worry) up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up the time comes." Matt. 6:33

There word worry means - to divide the mind

You can't think straight and you can't live with worry.

I've found that if I will choose to talk to God (prayer) about what I'm tempted to worry about things go much smoother in life.

When we pray we aren't worrying...God will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is fixed on Him because he trusts in God. Is 26

I read this week that I am unable to have wisdom for tomorrow's problems. So why worry about tomorrow.
God will make sure I'm taken care of today and I love that He meets my needs for today.
Maybe you're temtped to worry about your health or your finances or your career...know that God has plans to prosper you and to bless you and when you allow Him access to your daily decisions He'll open the right doors for you.

How about you? Is your life weighed down by worrying about tomorrow. If so, take a second and ask God to give a peace and joy for today!


No comments: