Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lightning bugs


Last night Brooklyn, Gabriel, Emma and I spent a few minutes outside catching lightning bugs. Remember when you were little and how much fun that was. We had a blast. Each of them caught about a dozen and we put all of them in a glass cup and then took the cup inside the house. Then we turned off all the lights and watched the lightning bugs do what they do best. Light up! It was so neat to see about 50 lightning bugs light up the room.

I thought about that as we were watching these little bugs. They are doing exactly what they were created to do. Light up.

As a Christian, a follower of Christ I am called to do the same thing. The bible tells me I am to be light in a dark world. That as I follow Christ I am to let the light (His light in me) shine before men and let others see my good works.

What a great reminder of my purpose? Today I will focus to be a better light for Christ. How about you? Are you letting your light shine?

No comments: