Thursday, February 22, 2007

Work Out!


For about the last five years I've been pretty committed to working out. I try to lift 3-4 times a week. It's really a discipline. I value growth. Whether the growth is physcial, mental, spiritual, or relational it's important. One of the main reasons I value growth so much is it's measureable. While watching the half-time show of the Pro Bowl a few weeks ago they had a bench press competition. These guys were amazing! An offensive lineman won the competition by bench pressing 225 lbs. 40 times.

In case you're wondering, the average man can bench press 135 lbs. ONE time.

That got me thinking...how many times could I bench 225 lbs. I set a goal to bench 225 lbs. 25 times this year.

You see I have found that how I'm doing physically and how I'm doing spiritually are connected. If I feel good about myself physcially I feel good spiritually. If I feel good spiritually I feel good about myself physcially.

Jesus valued growth. He said in the gospel of Luke that if a tree doesn't bear fruit he's going to cut it down.

What steps are you taking to grow in your life?

By the way...I benched 225 lbs. 14 times this week. I'll update you as I get closer to my goal!

No comments: