Saturday, February 17, 2007

Jump Rope



Gabriel & Brooklyn's Jump Rope for Heart Day

Yesterday I was privileged to attend my children's Jump Rope for Heart Day. About 500 students (K-2) participated in the day and it was an amazing site to see. In all $6300 was raised to help promote the value of physical activity while showing kids that they help contribute to their communities welfare.

The students raised money for the fight against heart disease and stroke while learning about
  • the seriousness of heart disease and stroke
  • the lifelong benefits of physical activity
  • the importance of living a heart-healthy lifestyle.
As I watched the students jump rope for heart I couldn't help but ask myself how my communities spiritual hearts were. I read a few months ago that only 11% of my community attends church.

I believe God is a BIG God and has big plans for C1 and I want our church to be as passionate as these kids were about saving lives. The stakes are just as high if not higher.

Maybe now is a good time to call that friend and invite them to C1 tomorrow.

No comments: