Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Lid


I had a conversation with someone this week and they said, "It just doesn't seem like anything is happening right now in my life." My response: What are you praying might happen in your life?

I remember hearing that advice from a pastor. That's such good council. Let me ask you, what are you believing God is going to do through you?


Is there a person God wants you to bless?
Is there a friend God wants you to invite to church?
Is there a co-worker God wants you to pray for?
Is there an area God wants you to give to Him?

I've found that a lot of times if we will just obey God and trust Him there is nothing to prevent His favor from exploding in our lives.

It's a lot like the lid on a bottle of pepsi. Have you ever shaken the bottle and then opened it? That's fun!

The lid is holding back the potential explosion. The bottle has been shaken and it's ready to explode but the lid is preventing what could happen. I've found a lot of times that I'm the lid when comes to God doing what He wants to do in my life.

I've been shaken (God speaks to me) and my spirit is ready to explode (do what God wants me to do) but I (aka: The Lid of self) prevent what could happen.

Let me encourage you, to trust God and remove doubt and enjoy the cup God has for you.

Anyone thirsty?

No comments: