Thursday, February 1, 2007

Reward


I'm finding more and more that every reward comes with a risk.

In life you have to be willing to trust that God has great plans for you.

We are all created to be givers not takers.

In reading 'Your Best Life Now' Joel Osteen talks about how when I'm tempted to be upset or worried, or when I lose my JOY, the first thing I need to ask myself is, "What am I focused on?" And here's the thing, 9 times out of 10


I'm thinking about myself, my problems, my frustrations, my concerns.

When I get caught up in ME it's a perfect receipe for depression & discouragement.

We need to be able to lend a hand more, volunteer more, give more and I'm confident that God will be seen more in our lives.

That's where the reward comes in!

The bible says "When you feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and encourage the oppressed, THEN your life is going to break forth like the dawn."

In other words when you help meet other people's needs God's going to make sure that your needs are provided supplied.


No comments: