Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Stuck!



So I'm driving to church this morning during a blizzard. Seriously, there is over 2 feet of snow blowing around Conneaut.

As I pull into the empty church parking lot I see snow drifts that make my 4Runner rev up. So as I hit the snow drift I begin to slow down and then stop. My first thought, "Oh man, am I stuck?" You see I wasn't able to tell how deep the snow drift was. In case you're wondering I was looking out of my window eye level with snow.

I wasn't able to tell how deep the drift was...I thought about that for awhile. A lot of times as Christians we wonder how close to the line we can get without sinning. But the problem with that attitude is often times we don't realize how deep the sin we're playing with is and before we know it - we're stuck.

Everyone deals with temptation.

I heard a pastor talk about temptation, he said, "Temptation is not just a test of your self control it's a test of how much you trust God."

Are you trusting God with every area of your life?

I Cor. 10:13 says, "No temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it."

I was able to come through the snow drift - I have a lot of trust in my four-wheel drive too!

No comments: