Monday, January 28, 2008

don't be stupid - (OK not smart)

We've all done it...something stupid!
An inappropriate comment
A bad purchase
A negative thought
This past weekend I went to the movies and we (my parents & aunt) were discussing what we should go see...you've been there right..."what do you want to see, I don't know what do you want to see"...we were choosing between two movies.
The first one was rated R for a few reasons and so I did something I always do with movies...I put a process between the opportunity and the decision to watch the movie. After this process the decision was an easy one. I chose a PG movie.
I think too often we fail to put a process in our decision making and we end up making stupid decisions.
My point: Life is full of decisions that have consequences and if we fail to plan then we plan to fail at making great choices.
I'm speaking this week on the BQE (Best Question Ever) - Thanks Konan Stephens - and my heart is that we'll be obedient to God's word of asking for wisdom when it comes to lifes choices.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you thank Konan but not Andy Stanley...

Steal it and forget where you got it.

Dave Kidd said...

Half of being smart is knowing what we're dumb at!