Monday, January 14, 2008

connect



How do you connect with others?

Last week I made a phone call to one of my Adult Leaders and this simple phone call has had an impact on several people on staff at our church. The purpose of my phone: to simply connect.

I made the phone call, not to ask for anything, to recruit, or submit a need, I called simply to connect.

I think too often we fail to connect or we try to connect (real quick) before we ask for something and our connection opportunity comes across as less than genuine.

So often our excuse is we don't have enough time so blow that theory up my phone call lasted about 1 minute. 1 minute to encourage someone and make their day.

Today's Life Application: It's the little things that make a BIG difference. People wanted to be valued for WHO they are before their valued for WHAT they can do. Everyone realizes that we need people for what they can do but if we'll get into their world and value who they are we'll see much greater returns on our investment.

No comments: