Monday, January 14, 2008

Brett Farve


OK - so Brett Farve is 38 years old and playing like he's 28. I am rooting for him and the Packers to win it all this year. Farve is playing in his 17th year and his age is allowing him to do some pretty cool things.

#1 He's making much smarter decisions.

His decision making process is amazing. That makes me wonder about ME. My prayer is that as I get older I too will make smarter decisions.

#2 He's having FUN

I've always said, "If you're not having fun being a (christian, husband, dad, employee, etc) then you're doing it wrong."

Watch #4 on the field - he's throwing snowballs and touchdowns and having fun. Life is better when you're having fun.

#3 He's leading.

Brett Farve is leading by example. Last week with his team down 14-0 and his rookie running back fumbling for the 2nd time in as many carries, and his team (which is the youngest in the NFL) needing an example, Brett stepped up!

How about you? When others are watching your life will they see you leading or following. Leadership, simply stated is influence.

Today's Life Application: There is always a process between the opporunity and the decision to do something - have fun, make wise choices, and lead along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Bro. Love to watch Favre play. Still waiting for you to buy me his jersey!!

Andy Warren said...

Thanks crescenet! I'll check out your site