Monday, May 5, 2008

setting the bar low so you can succeed!

I watched the improbable game 7 Sunday between the Boston Celtics and the Atlanta Hawks. The Celtics were supposed to crush the Hawks - that didn't happen. Boston won the seven games series and all is restored in the NBA world.
What I found so interesting is what happened AFTER the game. After Boston won they celebrated like they had just won the World Championship. I mean they were jumping in the air, chest bumping (I do that with my peeps too) and acting like beating the worst team in the playoffs was a big accomplishment.
They celebrated, to me, too much for a first round series win.
Now that leads to me (and you)
How often do we celebrate things that as fully devoted followers of Christ should be common by products of our lives.
I put my tithe in the offering today God. ("uhhh...thanks" - God)
I read my bible...
I didn't kick any cats!
I think sometimes we set the bar too low as followers of Christ and then feel way too good when we succeed at meeting our low expectations.
Maybe it's time raise the level of expectation?

No comments: