Thursday, May 1, 2008

encouragement


I made someone's day today! It took about 30 seconds to make a phone call and tell someone what a great job they're doing serving our church.

As a pastor I make a lot of phone calls asking people to help with this or to volunteer in an area but ONE THING I try to do more than the recruting stuff is to make phone calls to make people's day.

People love to hear they're doing a great job and I've noticed if you look you'll find something they're doing great. "Hey you're doing a great job doing nothing over there."
They'll get the point. But seriously, I once heard, "encouragment is like oxygen for the soul."

We all could use a little encouragement.

So sometime today - encourage someone!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

bro, you are doing a great job! I appreciate your blogs and your friendship.

(enjoy your dose of "oxygen")

Mavis said...

It's true-it is like oxygen. Especially when your love language is "words of affirmation" like mine is.
So---you know how important your words are.
It's great serving with you. You are the best! And even better now that your "team" is completed by Beth.