Thursday, February 28, 2008

Make it count

Pastor Stan spoke Tuesday night for our Senior High students. He did a great job. I liked how he was true to himself and didn't try to be 25! By the way...he shared that he graduated in 1974 (the year I was born!).

As Pastor Stan spoke I had a cool thought - it doesn't matter how old you are or who you are - what matters is who you know. He spoke on 'making your life count' and that happens when we get to know God's plan for our lives.
He shared a story about a man who was sucessful in life but as he got older had one major regret. His regret was that everyday he was told what to do by an 18 year old. The application was that when this man was 18 years old he decided the course of his life and like it or not that 18 year old's decision would impact the rest of this man's life.
I think so often we are busy deciding what we want to do or asking our friends what they think we should do but rarely ask what is God's plan for our lives.
At our student leadership meeting I challenged our students to memorize Proverbs 16:3 "Commit your plans to the Lord and they will succeed."
I think if we'll do that we'll look back and not regret the decisions we made but celebrate the wisdom God has given us.

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Awesome word & post!

Recently God gave someone a word for me. Saying that I can't let people decide where I minister and, I can't decide where I minister just to please people. This person said it was time to do what God wanted me to do and where he wanted me to do it.

Knowing God and committing your life to his will is powerful man!

1974? lol, I was 7.

Unknown said...

I love that verse (Prov 16:3). That is where I get my email "fowler163".

I also wanted to leave a comment so my elephant butt would show up.

Livin' the dream