Monday, April 28, 2008

the circus is in town

I took the kids to the circus Friday night. We had a blast! When we got to the UD arena they had lots of carnival-like rides and things you could spend your $$$ on. I tried to shield my kids eyes to protect my wallet. So we get in line to get our tickets and the guy behind the counter says, "Welcome the Circus!" He asked my kids if it was there first time at the circus - they said, "YES." So he says, "how does the front row sound?"
They were so excited. We came into the arena and I showed the kids how close to all the action we were.
Before the circus started I took them to the top of the arena. It was in the nose-bleed seats. The circus looked really small way up there. There wasn't as much energy and I felt really disconnected. The kids were anxious to get back to the front row.
I started thinking about where were sitting and how that relates to God.
The closer I am to God the more excited I am and the more I want to be a part of the action. When I drift in my relationship I feel disconnected and wish I was closer to Him.
Today's Point: Closeness to God is a choice. I choose today my level of engagement and involvement with him. I can be active and my attitude can be postive or I can choose to, as some football players do, sit this play out. But I need to remember that that where I sit is up to me.

No comments: