Monday, April 14, 2008

12 years!




Beth and I celebrated 12 years of marriage yesterday! (That's US in Hawaii 12 years ago - just kids!)

Wow...12 years.

It's been so much fun. My wife is my best friend and I can't imagine life without her.

It's incredible how ONE woman can make me feel so confident and provide clarity when I need it. How she can make a negative situation not seem so bad and she make me smile by just walking into a room!

We made a decision early on in our relationship to speak words of encouragment to each other and never use words to cause injury.

We've seen so many couples use negative words from their past, or from each others mistakes, or from life's hurt and take those words and damage their marriage.

I proud of our marriage and the example we've set in front of others and our children. It's been a lot of fun and at times had it's frustrations and through it all God has been so faithful.

It's been an amazing journey thus far and I'm looking forward to everything God has for our next dozen years.

So to my beautiful wife: I love you!

And oh...to my faithful readers - I didn't forget the roses...

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Happy Anniversary!

Great Post - Well said!

Anonymous said...

congrats u2