Tuesday, May 1, 2007

NFL Draft


Let me start off by saying I'm a Cincinnati Benglas fan & I live near Cleveland, OH. OK...that being said..the Cleveland Browns did an amazing job this past weekend at the NFL Draft.

To recap, with the 3rd pick in the draft they went with the not-so-sexy pick of drafting an offensive linemen. Everyone wanted them to take QB Brady Quinn. The Browns reasoning, we need someone to protect the quarterback we already have. Then they made one of the coolest moves of the draft....they traded next years 1st round draft pick to pick again in this years 1st round. Their pick: QB Brady Quinn.


The Browns may finally have a decent team. They chose what they needed over what they wanted.

I find that so hard to do in life. There are so many things I want but if I'm honest there are things that I need more.

I want to spend but I need to save (first).
I want to play but I need to pray (first).
I want to eat but I need to exercise (first).

Here's the cool thing - when you do what you need to do you often get to do what you want to do.

How about you - when you look at your life are your wants taking priority over your needs?

No comments: