Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two Goals

Soccer Update:

I have three children all in three different soccer leagues. It's going to be a fun season.

Well, I am helping coach Gabe's 8-9 year old league.

The other night he got hurt early in the game but shook it off and kept playing. I am so glad he did.

He played the best game of his life (OK - he's only been playing three years). But he scored TWO GOALS, had an assist and played some incredible defense. I was so proud as a dad (I have to admit I teared up a bit).

It was amazing experience for Gabe and I to share together and one that is now an incredible memory for us to have.

Today's Walkaway: Life Experiences (good & bad) give us a better understanding of who we are and what we are made of.

Reminding ourselves that we ARE created in the image of God shoots peace and confidence into our lives. We should be quick to remember that when we experience life.

No comments: