Monday, September 22, 2008

Holding Pattern


Have you ever been in an airplane and you're ready for takeoff but you're stuck in on the ground. Most likely, you're experiencing what is known in the airplane world as a 'holding pattern.'

Holding Pattern: Def. A state of waiting or delay;

I currently find myself in that situation. I'm ready for a change, I'm not sure when or where that change will occur and I feel like in stuck in pause.

As I prepare for takeoff I'm realizing that the preparation to fly is just as important as the flight itself.


My ability to "fly" will be determined by the disciplines I develop while on the ground.

Disciplines are tough to stay dedicated to.

We all want to - get in shape, eat healthy, make good choices, etc. But the want to and the will to are in direct conflict.

So I'm challenging myself to make the most of the holding pattern and learn what I need to while I'm circling the runway.

Today's Walkaway: Life is full of delays. We don't always get what we want when we want it. I've seen people lose their cool in their holding pattern and forfeit what could (should) have been theirs. My prayer (for me) is that we'll learn all we need to learn in this process of patience.

2 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Been there Bro... a lot! Still there in some aspects.

God's will and God's time!

Drop me a line...

Andy Warren said...

Hey Dave!

yeah...God's timing is perfect...hope you're doing great!