Thursday, September 4, 2008

laugh

Last night at dinner the Warren5 sat down to dinner and had a great time of being together as a family.

School & soccer have started, our busy life at church, and my kids 'new social life,' all add to a schedule that can easily become overwhelming.

Beth and I really try to make sure that we eat dinner (at the table) as a family as often as we can during the week.

Last night we laugh (a lot)! It felt great.

Spending 30 minutes at a dinner table might seem like such a small thing right now but I know as the years move on the memories and conversations we have as a family will have huge benefits.

Today's Walkaway: Be intentional. Whatever you do, whatever you say, wherever you are, have a goal of what you what to accomplish and work at it with all your ability. My goal last night wasn't to laugh a lot and have this great memory. The goal was to spend time as a family and the byproduct of that goal was the laughter and memory. I know I can't make those things happen but I can be very intentional about making time with my family happen.

What's an area in your life you need to be more intentional about?

No comments: