Monday, August 18, 2008

mowing your grass (AT NIGHT)

I have heard of wearing your sunglasses at night (feel free to sing or hum the song while you read this) BUT I've never heard of mowing your grass at night.

A few weeks ago I heard my neighbor mowing their grass in the dark. Now, I know it's summer and I don't mean it's late in the evening b/c the days are longer, kind of dark. I mean it is after 10:00 PM and I hear the lawn-mower fire up. One more detail - this lawn-mower isn't the cool John Deere kind that has a head light on it. It's just an ordinary, run of mill, push lawn-mower.

So I thought maybe it was just a fluke and my neighbor had a really busy week and this was the only time he could do it - UNTIL a few days ago. He was mowing his yard again in the dark.

What's the deal?

It would be one thing if the result of him mowing in the dark made his yard look better but in my humble opinion it doesn't.

How about you and your life. Are you mowing (living your life) in the dark?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andy! I found your blog via a search for Assembly of God blogs. It's nice to meet you. I wonder if your neighbor works odd times, and has to mow at night, but still that would be irritating for the neighbors!

I'm an A/G Pastor's wife in Indiana, and creator of Assembly of God Blogs network. I'd love for you to join! You can find more info. on my personal blog "A Hoosier Family" or the network site at http://assemblyofgodblogs.blogspot.com

Blessings!
~Sharon~

Anonymous said...

HI ANDY WARREN .IWAS JUST LOOKING @PEOPLE SEARCH THIS IS HOW I FOUND YOU.ANYWAY MY NAME IS SUSAN FROM WASHINGTON STATE.MY QUESTION IS DO YOU HAVE A SISTER NAME JESSA?

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy i just SENT YOU A MESSAGE but i did not give you my email address.sfontelar@yahoo.com is my email please let me know if your sister name is Jessa ok.