Friday, August 8, 2008

autograph

Thursday, my son, Gabe & I went to Georgetown, KY to watch the Cincinnati Bengals Training Camp. We had such a great time and I'm planning on making it an annual Father/Son tradition. The highlight of our day came at the very end of our day at the camp.

We had got several autographs but the ONE he wanted was none other than the starting QB and 2006 Pro Bowl MVP, Carson Palmer. I had heard through a few different guys that day that's Palmer's autograph was a tough one to get.

So I shared that with Gabe and we agreed we'd try. Well at the end of the day after waiting in the almost 100 degree heat - I got it!

He was thrilled.

It was the perfect cap to an incredible day with my son.

On the way home Gabe said he had such a great day and said, "thank you daddy for taking me."

I almost cried!

It was such a moment to able to spend quality time with him and talk about life and watch how God shaping him into such an incredible young man of God.

No comments: