Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Firsts

I just got back into the office. I slipped out for a long lunch to hangout with my kids after their first day of school.

They were so excited about school. They had there new school clothes, back packs and lunch boxes. As I listened to their little voices talk about how cool school was it was a great shot of encouragement to me. They told some cool stories and we just laughed at a few first day things they encountered.

It reminded me that life is often best lived through the eyes of children. Everything is so brand new to them and they have this contagious spirit that can recharge you (even when you're having a rough week).

So to Brooklyn and Gabe I say "thank you" for reminding me of the important things.

Today's Walk-Away: Take a minute or more and re-evaluate what makes you smile. And if it's been a while since you've smiled think about your days of the school playground when all that mattered was who could jump higher and run faster.

No comments: