Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Defeat



Last night the C1 softball team lost it's first playoff game. We are the #6 seed and we were playing the #1 seed. The game went to extra innings and we lost by one. Ouch! Losses are never fun but it brings up a great lesson.

How do you handle defeat?

Defeat is defined as to prevent success or to cause frustration.

Many times the #1 cause of defeat is...drum-roll...ME. Too many times I prevent my success by a poor choice or a dumb decision. Too many times I cause myself to be frustrated by forgetting that I am not perfect.

I read once that over 90% of our thought life is negative. 90%.

That means that a majority of us are driving to work, spending time with our families, trying to go to sleep and the whole time thinking negative thoughts.

It's no wonder we feel defeated.

I read this verse (again) this past week: Psalm 3:3 God is the glory and the lifter of your head.

God wants us to live with our head lifted toward him not down in a defeated mindset.

God is a God of second chances and so is our softball league. You see our team is not out of it b/c the playoffs are double elimination. Thank God for double elimination.

Today allow the spirit of God to remind you that although you may have been defeated in an area of your life it doesn't mean you're out of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least your team made the playoffs. We only won one stinkin' game. I still hate dealing with defeat after all the practice we had...