Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Father/Son


Yesterday Gabriel (my six year old) and I went the mall and spent his allowance. It took a while but he finally settled on a Lego Star Wars item. It came with battle droids and 106 pieces!

As soon as we got home when started putting it together. To get the whole picture let me back up to Christmas. He got a 1000 piece lego kit that 'daddy' had to put together. He watched and helped as much as he could.

So yesterday his goal was to put together this lego kit. As we read the instructions and began I was amazed at how well he did. In the end we only had to redo a few steps and he had a pretty cool Battle Droid Command Center.

I was thinking about that process quite a bit last night and thought that's how it is supposed to work.

Son watches Father. Father helps Son. Father watches Son.

In the book of John Jesus said, I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

I'm so impressed with Gabriel b/c after watching me and helping me he was ready to do the building on his own.

I was there to offer suggestions (and he needed a little help) and in the end he was so proud of what he had accomplished.

I believe God has great things for us to do and if we will spend time with Him, allow Him to help us then we will make God the Father proud as He watches us do some great things.

What great thing do you want to do?

No comments: