Monday, July 7, 2008

Bad Dreams

My youngest daughter, Emma, who is 5 has been having a 'really bad dreams,' the past few nights. She will wake up crying and it breaks my mine and my wife's heart to hear her talk about her 'really bad dreams.'

It's during these moments that we really depend on God's direction and wisdom.

We wanted to be proactive and introduce a few spirtual practices she can do herself. I don't believe you are ever too young to learn about God. With that being said, we have begun to teach her Psalm 4:8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
As well as setting up a CD player with Praise & Worship and praying WITH her before she goes to bed.

I want Emma to see her parents look to God for help in times of need instead of just trying to talk our ways out of a situation.

In life we often go to God as a last resort and wonder why things have gotten to out of control.

I know Emma may still have a bad dream here and there but she'll know that God is with her and her parents are trusting God for the quality and direction of her life.

No comments: