Monday, June 2, 2008

Junkless June - it's ON


It's ON baby. Junkless June started yesterday.

I'm really excited about this challenge. It's going to be tough but rewarding. A few of my friends are their friends are jumping in on junkless June.

Here's a quick rundown of Junk-less June.

The Goal:To break myself from things that I eat/drink that isn’t the best for me. They may not be awful, but if you think you can’t go without for 30 days – then maybe you need to. I am doing this to gain self-control and possibly shed a few pounds. The heart behind it is to not allow anything to have control over me. If I say “I can’t go without (blank)” then I need to just so it doesn’t have control over me. If you think you can but aren’t willing to try then you may want to pay attention to the truth – YOU CAN’T!!!

The rules: I have submitted 3 things that I think will be the hardest to go without for 30 days.

If I cheat I owe a $5.00 penalty. I think the penalty has to hurt. If it were only a quarter or dollar – it'd be too easy to cheat. The penalty has to be painful. There is a $20 “I am a loser without any self control, so I quit” fee.

In other words, if I quit I still owe all the penalty money AND a $20 fee.

The Rewards: I am sure it will benefit me physically and mentally and just being able to have the self-control is a huge battle I hope to win. (Galatians 5)

The winner: The person who wins (cheats the least amount of times) wins all the penalty money. If there is more than one person that “wins” – we will split the money.

If you want to jump into Junk-less June you need email Gary Fowler @ fowler163@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

too bad you already owe $5 for the soda you drank... bummer - ignorance is no excuse!!!

I already owe a penalty too so don't whine, just don't mess up anymore...