Thursday, June 19, 2008

8

Gabe (my son turned 8 this week).

My dad & I went purchased him this for birthday...

It's so incredible to watch him grow. He is a passionate young man with a heart for God and football! Sometimes I like to just watch him play or read or sleep. It's amazing to see him do or say things that I do or say. It's both honoring and humbling.

I want to be the best Father I can be and I realize that only happens when I'm connecting with my heavenly Father.

I love John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

Not only a great verse but a life lesson.

As Gabe watches me he'll follow my example.

Today's Walk-away: You are an example. Whether you want to admit it or not people look up to you. It may your positive attitude at work or the way you're always bragging on your wife or the way you handle your finances. Don't run from being an example. Embrace and use it to bring God glory!

No comments: