Thursday, March 8, 2007

Trust Me!


Opps! Several thousand $1 gold coins have been printed without the saying, "In God We Trust."

How many times have you heard the term: Do you trust me? Trust is a powerful thing. My wife and I are huge fans of the TV show 24. The other night we were watching the show and I quit counting at 10 how many times Jack Baurer said, "you gotta trust me," or "trust me I know what I'm doing."

At C1 I am trusting God for something HUGE! Something that will rock our community. Something that have thousands of people buzzing about C1. Last Sunday I talked about how we are going to have a 21-day fast the three weeks prior to Easter. For me, this is going to be a time of really trusting God to take me to the next level. I really believe that as I grow so does the church.

The coins that were printed without 'in God we trust' were called an oversight. I wonder how many of us in our lives just live each day with the "oversight" of not trusting God.

Trust defined - to rely on, to believe in, to have confidence in

So who are you trusting in today?

No comments: