Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It's grow time!



For those of you who don't know, I love to lift weights. It's challenging, stress relieving and it's competition (which I love) with myself. I like to see growth. Whether it's physcially or spiritually, I love to grow.

I read a few years ago that in order to grow physcially you have to eat 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh. So in order for me to grow more muscle I have to eat approximately 185 (or more) grams of protein per day. That's how I'll grow.

What about spiritual growth? How do you grow spiritually?


I believe that if you will spend the time everyday with God you will grow. But when you proclaim God's truth in (your) everyday speech you're letting others in on the truth so they can grow and be strong and experience His presence with you. I Cor. 14

As you spend time with God, everyday, you will begin to see your actions, your attitudes, and your ambitions will be to please God.

Now growth doesn't happen overnight but over a period of time you'll be able to tell you've grown.

Here are some things I've done in my life to grow everyday:

Prayer Time - mix it up...go for a walk or spend time in a church
Book Reading - reading is tough for a lot of people so find a good (short) book and begin the discipline of reading
Journaling - writing down your thoughts and dreams are a great way to express, to God and yourself, how you feel
Music - listening to music and singing (even if it's bad) is a great way to spend time with God

How do you grow?

No comments: