Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spider


Last night I was walking in our backyard and saw IT - (cue scary music) - this spider was close to finishing it's web when I spotted it.
It's a pretty good size spider!
I wasn't sure what to do or how to kill it - so I just hit with my hand and down it went - unfortunately for me it was dead but hurt. It later died and I almost felt bad.
I actually got a little anxious before I swung - guess I've got a small fear of spiders.
In fact, spiders are number #3 on the list of most common fears (after public speaking & dying).
That (little) bit of fear got me thinking - am I living my life out of fear or out of faith?
I want to say I have faith (in God) that everything will work out or be OK but often I find myself fearing what may never happen.
I read a few months back 90% of what we fear will never even present itself in your life. We actually are only born with TWO fears (fear of loud noises & fear of falling) all other fears are learned.
Which means our fears can also be UNLEARNED!
So my goal each today - choose to live by faith (and hope the spiders don't get any bigger).

No comments: