Thursday, October 9, 2008

True Worship


Big thought for the day - intimacy = reproduction

I heard Ed Young Jr. say yesterday that "true intimacy in worship will result in spiritual reproduction."

That's an amazing line.

Too often we say we are worshipping God BUT our churches, our Christ-like influence is not growing.
There are no spiritual babies.

Paul (writer of much of the New Testament) says in Col. 2 - that they (devoted followers of Christ) be "spiritually mature in Christ."

I trust that when I'm spiritually mature in Christ, I'll be growing in my committment to Christ. And if my committment to Christ is growing I'll have true intimacy with Him. And I pray that as a result of my intimacy with Christ I'll see spiritual reproduction.

Today's Walkaway: How is your intimacy level?

Intimacy is both the ability and the choice to be close, loving, and vulnerable. Intimacy requires identity development.

Take some time today and choose to remember "Who you are," "Whose you are," and "What you're called to do."
That's intimacy!

No comments: