Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fantasy Christian

Each week millions of people play Fantasy Football.

Fantasy football is a game in which participants (called "owners") are arranged into a league.

The person who creates the league is called the commissioner, and that person invites other owners into his/her league. Each team drafts or acquires a team of real-life players and then scores points based on those players' peformance on-the-field.

It's a fun way to compete with your friends to see who can predict who'll peform the best when it counts.

What's interesting is that each week a player is given a "projection," or a best guess of to how many points they'll score against their opponent. Some weeks the projection is right on and other weeks the player performs poorly.

The weekly projection got me thinking about my life (and other Christians) and I wonder what projection I'd be given.

Each week we are called to imitate Christ and do our best against our opponent.

I realize we can't do it on our own but our works are a measure of our committment to Christ.

The saddest reality for me is that my Fantasy Football league is just for fun but in real life there are no Fantasy Christians - this game counts.

Today's Walkaway: How are you playing the game? If I were to project how well you'd do next week in your walk with Christ would you score big or be a bust?

No comments: